Wednesday, September 16, 2020

On my way


Captains log... LoL I always wanted to start with that... I am sitting here in the airport waiting for my flight to board for Haiti. Ever since I told my family and my friends that I am going to Haiti the one common question that I got was ... "are you excited" that is of course after the " are you crazy". Just to let you know a little about me, I am a traveler, not just a person that likes to travel. I think I am the ADD variety of travelers. I love traveling with a purpose for the most part (seriously I am not trying to claim sainthood, I just get board sitting around doing nothing)... told ya I have ADD. O.K . back to the original purpose of this blog. Am I excited? yes and no. I am excited about what could be done, the prospects of that lie ahead, but I am also terrified of others expectations of me. Usually when I am asked if I am excited I have no idea how to answer, I act as if it is not a big deal, while inside I am terrified of being a disappointment. Bet you did not expect that? With all seriousness, internally I am freaking out so any words of encouragement are welcomed, prayers are also solicited ...or better yet get your bottom out here and help me. :)

Haiti...
It has been several hours later and I am finally in Haiti. I met some awesome people in the airplane... man I realize that I love to talk. Thank God I had an uneventful flight, love going places but hate flying. After arriving and navigating my way through the sea of bags haphazardly cast about in baggage claim I finally made it outside only to be greeted... no bombarded by men willing to "assist"me with my bags, all for a small fee of course. Seriously, I cannot find any fault with them ... these men are only trying to make a living, it's just that having five people offer to assist me with two bags is a little much. Anyhow, after waiting in the airport for what seemed to be an eternity (actually it was only one hour... slight exaggeration for dramatic affect), The hospitals driver and I finally found each other... Have I failed to mention IT IS HOT and HUMID here... I'm just saying...

I have been here for almost one hour and after having an extensive discussion with some of the volunteer staff I have think I have identified one area that I can begin to work on... how I will start, I have no idea... but by the act of reading this you have been drafted as my support staff, I am expecting full participation.... Please... : ) I will update later after I have had some time to investigate.

Day one of Haiti adventure... also known as the Introduction


R U ready for our adventure?

Peppaseed

5 comments:

  1. Marc!!!!!! Power on girlfriend! I am sending lots of love and strength from Chicago... can you feel it?????? Sending now! And now! And now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you...you have a true gift for touching people all over the world with your energy and compassion. I will pray for you, and look forward to following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss you Marissa...
    R U sure you don't want to join in on the adventure... for old times sake... I know...I know, do the lawyer thing first...
    Seriously, I pray one day we can work together again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm living vicariously through you for the moment...I would absolutely work with you again in a heartbeat. I'll catch up with you when I'm done with the lawyer thing!

    ReplyDelete